Southern Oregon Wine Country – Umqua Valley in Roseburg
The wine country of Southern Oregon is known as the “100 Valleys” because of the many peaks and fertile lowlands created by the convergence of the Coast Range, Cascades and Klamath Mountains. This is a unique terroir that is warm enough for vintners to make bigger reds like Cabernet Sauvignon and Tempranillo, while having some wineries within the region that are cool enough for Pinot Noir.
Vineyards visited on a full day winery tour of the Umpqua Valley may include:
- Reustle Prayer Rock – making wines since 2001 they were the first winery in the United States to produce Gruner Veltliner. WinePress NW Magazine awarded them the 2017 Northwest Winery of the Year. (learn more)
- Delfino – a place where you taste their award winning wines that are made with native yeast. Terroir driven wines and a family feel. (learn more)
- Hillcrest – see where Oregon wines began back in 1961 at this original winery. Old World style winemaking leads to food friendly, terroir driven and structured wines. (learn more)
- Abacela – first winery in the Pacific NW to plant Tempranillo putting them and the grape on the Oregon wine map. They have been winning awards since their first harvest back in 1997. (learn more)
This Southern Oregon Wine Country Tour departs from Eugene or Roseburg. These are full day wine tours that we typically schedule only on Fridays and Saturdays, though we accommodate special requests. If you don’t find what you’re looking for on our Wine Tasting Tours page, please feel free to contact us directly for further inquiries.
Northern Oregon Wine Country – Eola-Amity Hills near Salem
The wine country of Eola-amity Hills, Oregon, is a lesser known region with wineries producing some of world’s best Pinot Noir. The vineyards of this area are of a unique terroir heavily influenced by coastal breezes blowing through the Van Duzer Corridor, the lowest point in the coast range. Eola-Amity Hills is ideal area for Pinot Noir where the days are warm and nights are cool.
Vineyards visited on a full day winery tour of the Eola-Amity Hills may include:
- Brooks – making acid driven Pinot Noir and Riesling since 1998. Taste award winning wines while taking in majestic views of the Cascades to the east.
- Bethel Heights – founded in 1977 when there were very few vineyards in the Eola-Amity Hills. Highly regarded Pinot Noir to all wine publications. (learn more)
- Evesham Wood – founded by Russ Raney in 1986, they have been making terroir driven wines that over deliver for the price.
- Lingua Franca – has only been making wine since 2015 but has already made big waves in their high quality Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. A private tasting and tour of the winery.
- Bjornson – making wines since 2006 they are the highest elevation of the wineries we visit. The winds thicken the skins making structured Pinot Noir.
- Walter Scott – making Pinot Noir and Chardonnay since 2009 they have quickly built a reputation as one of the premier producers in all of Oregon. A very intimate tasting experience sometimes with barrel samples. (learn more)
- Bryn Mawr – making wine since 2010, they are located right across from Temperance Hill, one of the best vineyards in the Willamette Valley. (learn more)
This Northern Oregon Wine Country Tour departs from Eugene or Salem. These are full day wine tours that we typically schedule only on Fridays and Saturdays, though we can accommodate special requests. If you don’t find what you’re looking for on our Wine Tasting Tours page, please feel free to contact us directly for further inquiries.
1/2 Day Tour of the Southern Willamette Valley – near Eugene
Wineries visited on a 1/2 day wine tour of the southern Willamette Valley may include:
- Capitello – after making wine at King Estate for ten years Ray Walsh began his own boutique operation back in 2003 where he makes Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot from both Oregon and New Zealand.
- Brigadoon – a small father and son operation making Pinot Noir and Pinot Blanc since 2005. A family feel with high quality wines.
- Sylvan Ridge – established in 1979 as Hinman vineyards and purchased by the Chambers in 1993, they were the Eugene areas first bonded winery.
- Tyee – located on a farm that was established 130 years ago, they have been making wine since 1985 where they believe the vines should express themselves in the bottle.
This Southern Willamette Valley Wine Country Tour departs from Eugene, Oregon. We provide our half day wine tours Thursday through Sunday.
- Oregon Vine2Wine Tours